Saturday, January 7, 2017
Identifying something that I taught myself how to do without help from anyone else is a hard question to answer. I consider myself a life-long learner and learn a lot of things on my own but it has never been completely independent. I read, I find answers -- when I want to know something I will seek out experts that can help me achieve or learn what it is I am seeking.
I have learned most of my genealogy researching skills independently - but clearly I had to have help from somewhere - be it books, videos, blogs, articles and websites. In the world today you can learn how to do anything if you are willing to look, listen and learn.
Sunday, January 1, 2017
- Write an actual draft of my book about Annagusta West Drake - my 3rd great grandmother
- Complete this blog challenge -- if I can do half of them I'll consider that a success.
- Do an ancestor blog at least once a month -- once a week is impractical
- Start a blog about Jeff's side of the family.
- Clean out the attic -- it is time to purge and create a family living space. Really want to get the bathroom up there refinished
- Run my fastest 5K to date.
- Run in at least 6 races - distance doesn't matter.
- Eat healthier and drink more water :)
- Learn to take better sports pictures.
- Read at least one book for me each month. -- currently into genealogy mysteries - just finished the Last Queen of England by Steve Robinson.